This document describes the current version of our offering. For terms regarding to our previous offering, which is being shut down on 31.12.2022, please refer to the agreements under docs-v1.zitadel.com.
Support Services for products and services provided by CAOS is offered to customers according to the terms and conditions outlined in this document. The customer may purchase support services from CAOS Ltd. directly.
Last revised: June 14, 2022
Business hours means 08:00-17:00 Monday - Friday Switzerland time (or as per agreement with the customer). All times exclude public holidays in Switzerland / Canton St. Gallen.
Extended hours means 07:00-19:00 Monday - Friday Switzerland time (or as per agreement with the customer). All times exclude public holidays in Switzerland / Canton St. Gallen.
Ticket means a discrete technical or non-technical issue that was submitted by the customer and exists in the support portal. A ticket includes a record of all communication associated with the issue.
Description of Services
Support features for cloud subscriptions are as follows:
|Subscription Plans||Default||Extended SLA||Self-hosted or dedicated|
|Support hours||Business hours||Business hours||Business hours|
|Response Time (Severity 1)||Best effort||1 business hour||bespoke|
If you want to add a [Technical Account Manager] or need assistance during onboarding, please get in touch.
Self-hosting and dedicated instances
Support plans for self-hosting and dedicated instances according to your purchase order.
Customers can choose support hours (business, extended, 24x7), initial response time, Technical account manager, and communication channels.
SLO - Initial response time
CAOS service level objective (SLO) for Support Services is defined in terms of initial response time to a support request, as outlined in the table below per plan. CAOS will use reasonable efforts to resolve support requests, but does not guarantee a work-around, resolution or resolution time.
|Subscription Plans||Default||Extended SLA|
|Severity 1||Best effort||1 business hour|
|Severity 2||Best effort||2 business hour|
|Severity 3||Best effort||12 business hour|
|Severity 4||Best effort||24 business hour|
If we fail to provide the initial response time objective, you will be entitled to service credits. For every 15 minutes exceeding the state objective, 1 day will be added as extension to the current term.
- Support is available in Swiss-German, German, and English
- Default contact: Whenever customers require support, Customers should consult the documentation of the service or product or post a question to our community.
- When Customer is eligible for support services through a Subscription Plan, Customer may contact CAOS support via the following channels
|Support Feature||Contact information|
|Chat Support||Private chat channel between CAOS and Customer that is opened when Subscription becomes active|
|Phone Support||+41 43 215 27 34|
- ZITADEL Cloud system status, incidents and maintenance windows will be communicated via our status page.
- Questions regarding pricing, billing, and invoicing of our services should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Security related questions and incidents can also be directly addressed to email@example.com
Technical account manager
CAOS will enhance its support offering by providing eligible clients with a Technical Account Manager (TAM), who will perform the following tasks for up to the specified amount of time per week during the term of service:
- Provide support and advice regarding best practices on platform, product and configuration covered by the applicable Support Services;
- Participate in review calls every other week at mutually agreed times addressing customer’s operational issues.
We offer TAM services only bundled with specific subscription plans, and the option to add more TAM hours to these plans. If you require consulting for your projects, please request a quote via our website.
CAOS agrees to handle support incidents in the following scenarios:
- Service, product or configuration as provided by CAOS contains errors or critical security-related issues
- Service or product requires upgrades or changes through the customer
- Service or product has incorrect or missing documentation
Support features include:
- Answer questions regarding usage of specific features or configurations
- Provide high-level suggestions regarding appropriate usage, features or configurations
- Assist in troubleshooting of issues to isolate potential root cause
- Document and advise alternative solutions for reported defects
Excluded are broader consulting & customer-specific engineering requests regarding use of our products and services. Moreover support requests from Customer’s end users must be handled by the Customer directly.
Support service process
The customer may submit support requests (“ticket”) through any means of eligible communication channels, consisting of
- Single discrete problem, issue, or request
- Initial severity level and impact statement for assessment
- Description of the issue and if possible a description of the observed and expected behavior, steps to reproduce the issue, evidence that issue is not caused by connectivity / compute, relevant anonymized log-files etc.
- All information requested by CAOS as we resolve the ticket (e.g. system logs)
CAOS will review the case information and determine the severity level (see below), working with the customer to assess the urgency of the request and use reasonable efforts to respond to support requests within the initial response time.
CAOS will use reasonable efforts to resolve support request as defined below, but does not guarantee a workaround, resolution or resolution time.
Critical / Service down
Widespread failure or complete unavailability of CAOS Core Services.
CAOS will use continuous effort to provide a workaround or permanent solution. When Core Services are available, the severity will be lowered to the new appropriate level.
Core functionality unavailable or severely degraded
Core Services of CAOS software continue to operate in severely restricted fashion, yet long-term productivity may be impacted.
When Core Services are no longer severely degraded (eg, through a viable workaround or release), the severity level will be lowered to Severity 3.
Standard support request
Partial and non-critical loss of CAOS software functionality or major software defect, yet a workaround exists for viable long-term operation.
CAOS will continue to work on developing permanent resolution.
Defined as follows:
CAOS will continue to work on developing permanent resolution and response to general requests. CAOS does not provide a timeline or guarantee to include any feature requests.
The customer may escalate support requests following the escalation process:
- For non-urgent needs, the client may request management escalation within the ticket. A manager will review the request and provide a response within one business day.
- For urgent needs, the client may escalate directly by calling +41 43 456 84 69 and emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. A manager will review the request and provide response within two business hours.
If we fail to provide a response to the escalation, you will be entitled to service credits. For every 15 minutes exceeding the state objective, 1 day will be added as extension to the current term.