Most applications need to know the identity of a user allowing to securely store user data in the cloud and provide the same personalised experience across all of the user's devices.
ZITADEL's authentication provides backend services, easy-to-use SDKs, and ready-made UI libraries to authenticate users in your application. It supports authentication using passwords and applies additional security with the help of a second factor, for example OTP, to ensure a safe and secure access. It additionally leverages industry standards like OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect such that it can be easily integrated in your custom backend.
This provides a quick start guide on how to register your organization as well as creating your first project.
Trying out ZITADEL on zitadel.cloud
- Go to zitadel.cloud to create your first ZITADEL instance. If you already have a ZITADEL instance sign in with your Customer Portal user.already
- Enter all the data for your instance
- By clicking "Let's go" we will create a new instance in the "Free" tier, where you already get all the features
- You will now get two different initialize emails. One is to verify the user for the Customer Portal and one for the first user in your ZITADEL instance
You can now use the Customer Portal and you are ready to configure your ZITADEL instance
Login to your instance
After you have initialized your first admin user of the new created ZITADEL instance. You can access the Instance Console, to manage all your resources. Login with the user you have initialized.
ZITADEL allows you to give other users control over ZITADEL Console itself. This can be restricted to some kind of write and/or read. This can be especially useful for directing administration over several users. You can have managers able to edit project settings and others able to create/add users only. Read the guides for more information.
Note: ZITADEL Managers are always located on the right sidepanel of console.
Integrating an application
After creating your project you can start integrating your applications. After choosing your project add a client application on the top of the page. The wizard should provide some guidance what client is the proper for you. If you are still unsure consult our Guide Project.
Login to Customer Portal
Use your Customer Portal user to login to the ZITADEL Customer Portal. Here you can manage all your different instances, subscriptions and billing data.
- Click on the new created instance in the list
- In the section Domains you can find the generated domain for your instanc
- Click on the domain and you will be able to login
Find out more about the Customer Portal here.